It comes with great sadness to share that due to our current registrations, Hunua Easter Camp is unable to take place this year. Yesterday our early bird extension closed and we can now see that our minimum target for this camp is out of reach. Some people have shared that due to the uncertainty around Covid-19 there have been cancellations from their churches, and we know that there has been some hesitancy in general for bigger gatherings overall.
We know that this virus is unpredictable with Auckland going into level 3 last week, and as we are still in level 2 there may be more unexpected events before Easter. The directors and I want to respect your youth ministry by allowing time to debrief together and consider other options over the Easter weekend so you don’t miss out on other opportunities. We are deeply sorry for this decision as we know there were many of you very excited for this camp after it was unable to take place last year due to the level 4 lockdown. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch and I hope you all have a lovely Easter.